A formidable chasm often exists between between digital marketing strategies and technologists implementing those strategies. This gap exists around a shared understanding of goals, capabilities, language and measures necessary for a cohesive, effective digital strategy.
This session attempts to take a first pass at creating a shared understanding to enable organizations to tackle their digital initiatives more effectively, driving better business results. Think of this as digital marketing bootcamp 101.
If you are a technologist, explanations of marketing goals (the “whys”) and the measures, help us to better align our technical implementation strategies to support the business. If you are a marketer, we hope to share insight into a range of capabilities technologists can employ to empower the goals of your brand.
For those who have crossed or begun to bridge the chasm, you have a unique opportunity to create substantial value inaccessible to others.
The video and presentation above, cover the following sections
- Why addressing the gap between digital marketers and technologists is important
- History of traditional marketing and its evolution
- Web publishing history
- Conversions and their critical importance in digital marketing
- Measurement around digital marketing initiatives and which metrics are most important
- Search Engine Optimization basics
- Segmentation and experimentation to drive better conversion rates
- Loyalty strategy and measures
- Social, various channels and their impact on inbound marketing
- Marketing automation and lead qualification